Popular Python Frameworks for Web Application Development
Python is used in many areas, such as data analysis, machine learning, scientific research, web development, etc. It is also used by large companies such as Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and Amazon. Its frameworks make it even more helpful and make developers choose this tool for building products.
Based on the experience of a software development company focused on Python software development, let’s find out what frameworks Python has and which one to choose for your future project.
Top Five Python Frameworks
Python has many frameworks that help developers build web applications, process data, work with databases, and more.
They provide developers with many tools for quickly and efficiently developing web applications, such as using standardized ways to work with databases, URL routing, authentication and authorization, request processing, and many other benefits.
Django is a high-level framework for developing web applications in Python. Also, It contains many features and tools that make it a popular choice for building complex and scalable web applications:
- ORM (Object-Relational Mapping). Django provides an ORM that allows programmers to work with the database without worrying about the particular DBMS. Also, This makes it easier to work with databases and reduces the amount of code.
- Admin interface. Django has a built-in admin panel that makes site and database management easy.
- URL processing. However, Django provides a simple and efficient way to route URLs to web applications.
- Template language. Django uses its templating language to generate HTML pages and other content.
- Safety. Also, Django has built-in security mechanisms such as protection against CSRF, XSS, and SQL injection attacks.
- Multithreading. Django provides the ability to process requests asynchronously and multi-threaded.
Flask is a minimal, lightweight, and flexible framework that does not have built-in functionality for databases, form validation, and user authentication but, at the same time, provides many extensions to solve these issues. Also, Flask has several advantages that make it popular among developers:
- Lightness. Flask is one of the most lightweight Python frameworks, which makes it fast and efficient to use.
- Flexibility. The technology allows developers to build their own solutions using only the required libraries and tools.
- Simplicity. The framework is straightforward to use and doesn’t require many setups to get started. It provides only basic functionality that allows developers to customize their apps to their liking.
- Extensibility. The tool has many extensions and plugins that you can use to add extra functionality to your applications.е.
Flask is recommended when you need a simple, straightforward backend; if you want to create your pet project, become more familiar with asynchrony, and gain more experience and learning opportunities.
Pyramid is a more minimalistic framework. It is also suitable for projects of any size and has many valuable features, including the ability to scale small websites under increasing load. Other benefits include:
Flexibility. Pyramid gives developers more freedom in choosing technologies and approaches to solve problems.
Extension opportunities. The framework has many extensions and plugins that you can use to add extra functionality to your application.
Support. Also, The tool has an active community of developers who help each other solve issues and develop the project.
Safety. The technology has built-in support for many security measures, such as CSRF protection, permission checking, and more.
However, Pyramid is recommended for building complex web applications that require high flexibility and extensibility.
TurboGears is an open-source data-driven web application framework. Also, It supports SQLAlchemy, WebOb, Genshi, and Repoze, which makes it an excellent tool for projects that require good database support. Its features include:
- Support for horizontal data partitioning
- Support for MVC architecture and multiple databases at the same time
- Integration with MochiKit JS library
- Validation via FormEncode
- PasteScript templates.
Among its advantages are the following:
Good flexibility. The framework is suitable for both rapid prototyping and large projects.
Extensibility. Also, You can create your plugins or extend the functionality of existing ones.
Tornado is a Python framework for building asynchronous web applications. It has the following advantages:
- High performance. Tornado uses an asynchronous I/O model, which allows it to handle many concurrent connections at high speed.
- Scalability. Also, Tornado allows you to build scalable applications that can process many requests and provide high performance.
However, Tornado will be a great option for a project in which you need to maintain a connection with each user for a long time.
In conclusion, numerous Python frameworks are available, each with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. However, The decision of which one to use ultimately depends on your project’s specific requirements and goals. Also, If you need guidance in selecting the most appropriate framework for your project, turn to a reliable technology partner.