How to convert dismounted EDB to PST using EdbMails?
How does EdbMails help in Recover and Convert EDB to PST? Excellent features are a cost-effective, secured, one-stop solution
Introduction to EDB to PST Converter:
Errors are common in Exchange databases. This is aggravated when users have older versions of Exchange, such as Exchange 2010 or Exchange 2013 because there is a lack of support for proper recovery and migration operations. The Information store normally commits all transactions in the cache to the database file when dismounting an Exchange database.
This is known as a Clean Shutdown state for the database. Now, if the database is abruptly terminated, such as by a power surge, it enters the Dirty Shutdown state. In this state, the database’s transaction logs are not committed to the database’s EDB file, resulting in the database’s inability to mount. The database may also be unmounted for a variety of other reasons which include database corruption, a virus attack, total data loss, and so on.
In such cases, organizations that have not backed up their data are in for a rude shock and lose hope of recovering valuable data. To recover and convert a dismounted Exchange database, a professional solution such as EdbMails EDB to PST converter can address the aforementioned issues. It is a reliable software that handles the recovery of all offline EDB files stored on the Exchange server with ease. Let us take a look at some of the reasons for Exchange database dismounting issues.
Exchange databases can be dismounted for a number of reasons, as listed below.
- Less storage spaces
- Issues related to Network
- Exchange database corruption
- Inappropriate system shutdown
- Losing of Exchange or log files
- JET Engine errors
- Virus or Malware infection
- Exchange server crash
There are some methods for manually dismounting or mounting the Exchange database which is as follows.
1. Through the Exchange Admin Center (EAC)
2. Through the Exchange Management Shell cmdlets using the ESEUTIL tool
Limitations of manual methods to Convert EDB to PST:
The previously mentioned methods for manually mounting the dismounted Exchange database have many drawbacks. Let’s take a look at some of the reasons.
- It only allows you to mount or dismount one mailbox at a time.
- The process is not feasible for a large number of mailboxes, and it necessitates the use of an Exchange system and administrator credentials.
- Technical expertise required to run the cmdlets, as there is a higher risk of error when executing the cmdlets that involve lengthy procedures.
- When native methods are uses without proper knowledge, they also result in instant data loss.
- There is also no way to determine what data has been migrate and what has been left out.
How does EdbMails help in recovering and converting dismounted Exchange EDB?
When the Exchange database is inaccessible, the manual methods fail to recover and mount the database. Furthermore, due to a lack of time, trial and error methods are not feasible in large organizations having crucial data. However, EdbMails EDB to PST converter is a one-stop solution for recovering and converting a dismounted EDB to a PST file. You can use Microsoft Outlook to open the PST file, or you can directly migrate the recovered Exchange EDBs to Office 365 and live Exchange servers.
Excellent features offered by the EdbMails Exchange EDB recovery tool:
- Unlimited offline Exchange EDB recovery.
- Recovers corrupted, dismounted EDB’s and Convert EDB to PST.
- Fast and high-performance EDB recovery and export.
- Preview of all Exchange mailboxes, folders, subfolders and items.
- Easy to use user interface to quick conversion of EDB to PST.
- Maintains the data integrity both before and after the export operation.
- Supports all the Exchange server EDB files.
- Allows selective export of Exchange mailbox data.
- Generates a log file for easy verification of the migrated mail items.
EdbMails: A cost-effective, secured, one-stop solution for Exchange recovery
EdbMails ranks first among its services that provide Exchange and Microsoft 365 recovery and migrations due to its feature-rich, high-security, and cost-effective pricing plans. It offers a free live on-demand product demo, free 24/7 technical support, and a discount up to 75% with lifetime license validity, making it an extremely affordable product for any Exchange recovery scenario. You can also contact customer service for a detailed working procedure and to learn more about the product’s features.
Last word on Convert EDB to PST:
An Exchange database dismounts due to a variety of reasons. For large-scale migration operations, mounting it with native solutions is not only risky but also uncertain. EdbMails EDB to PST converter is an excellent choice for professionals, both small and large-size organizations, to recover and convert a dismounted EDB file to PST format. It is a user-friendly graphical user interface tool that securely performs professional recovery and migrations of your Exchange server.