The Future of Education: How Text-to-Speech Technology is Transforming Learning
What is Text to Speech Technology？
Text-to-speech technology is a technology that converts written text into its audio counterpart. This technology uses algorithms to analyze written text and convert it into a phonetic representation of spoken words. Also, The output audio in audio format can be played through the device’s speakers or headphones.
Today’s advances in text-to-speech technology can generate audio output that closely resembles human speech. When dealing with more complex and cold words, the pronunciation and intonation of the converted audio maybe not be perfect. But in general, text-to-speech has brought a lot of convenience to people.
With the popularity of voice assistants, text-to-speech technology has become popular. Text-to-speech also contributes to learning and education, with text-to-speech facilitating the learning of national languages. Also, It can make written information more accessible to people with visual impairments or dyslexia and facilitate communication between people who speak different languages. Let’s learn about TTS technology!
Text-to-Speech Technology in Education
Benefits of text-to-speech technology in education
- Accessibility for students with disabilities: TTS technology makes learning text materials more accessible to students with visual impairments or other disabilities that affect reading. Also, TTS helps students learn and participate more effectively in classroom instruction by converting text to speech.
- Improve comprehension for language learners: For students learning English as a second language, TTS technology can help improve their reading comprehension skills. Also, By listening to the text, students can better understand the meaning of words, phrases and sentences, which can improve their language skills.
- Improving information processing efficiency: Students can listen to the text while performing to write or type, which can help them complete assignments faster. Also, TTS can also help students retain information better by engaging their visual and auditory senses. However, Multiple senses are engaged in learning, allowing for more efficient learning and faster comprehension of learning content.
Examples of how text-to-speech technology is transforming learning
- Virtual assistants: such as Siri and Alexa, by applying TTS technology to voice assistants to respond to voice commands and answer questions. Also, This technology can be used in the classroom to provide information and answer questions for students. Also, They are improving student learning while reducing educators’ workload.
- E-books and audiobooks: E-books and audiobooks use TTS technology to allow students to derive more formats from traditional paper textbooks. Students listen to the text while reading the material, engaging the visual and auditory senses to understand and learn the information more easily.
- Language learning: TTS technology can help students learn a new language. Also, The use of TTS in language learning provides students with practice in pronunciation and intonation, which can help in better mastery of speech and intonation.
The Future of Education with Text-to-Speech Technology
- Personalized learning: TTS technology creates a personalized learning experience for students. Also, Students can customize the speed, pitch, tone and other parameters to meet their learning style and preferences.
- Language learning: Text-to-speech technology provides the correct pronunciation to teach a foreign language during language learning. Also, It helps students practice reduction and improve their speaking and language learning.
- Interactive Storytelling: Create an interactive storytelling experience. Students can interact with the story and make choices that may affect the outcome instead of simply reading a book or listening to an audiobook.
- Multimodal learning: TTS technology can be combined with other modalities. Not only audio but also images and video to create a multimodal learning experience. Also, This can help students better understand complex concepts and retain information.
- Virtual Reality: Applying TTS technology in a virtual environment provides an immersive learning experience. For example, students can explore historical sites while listening to an audio guide or learn about different ecosystems while listening to a narrative. Also, This helps students learn to explore better through a new learning experience.
FreeTTS: Enhancing the Learning Experience
Freetts is an online text-to-speech tool for learning. It is easy to operate, and more than 50 languages are available for you to choose. It can help students learn better and provide creative ways for teachers to teach.
Freetts can provide a variety of ways to enhance student’s learning experience. For example, students can use Freetts to listen to their textbooks or take notes while walking or doing other activities. In addition, Freetts can help teachers create engaging and creative materials, such as videos or presentations that include audio and visual elements. And, of course, you can dub the video and choose interesting tones to increase student engagement. Or choose styles that match the content of the text better to reinforce students’ understanding of the relevant learning content.
- Multi-Channel Experience
Freetts offers a unique experience that allows users to choose from a range of male and female voices that can be used in tandem. This means that students can hear different voices within the same text, making the experience more engaging and less monotonous.
- Unlock more features by logging in
Freetts offers its core features for free, but users can unlock additional roles and features by logging in. This includes access to more voices, customization options and advanced features.
- Speak in any language
One of the outstanding features of Freetts is its support for over 50 languages. Various voices can be selected for each language, making it an ideal tool for multilingual classrooms. Whether you teach English, Spanish, Mandarin or another language, Freetts has you covered.
- Customize output with SSML
Freetts allows developers to customize TTS output using SSML (Speech Synthesis Markup Language). This allows for a more personalized and customized experience, where developers can control everything from the pitch and speed of the voice to the pronunciation of specific words.
- Efficient conversion process
Freetts combines the power of Google’s machine learning and TTS capabilities to create a simple and fast conversion process. Users can quickly and easily convert text to speech without delays or technical glitches.
Through this article, we have also learned about text-to-speech technology. We have learned the use scenarios by combining this technology with educational learning. The text-to-speech tool mentioned, Freetts, is an excellent attempt! It supports up to 50 languages, making it easy for people worldwide to communicate. We got to experience the technology first-hand and were inspired to develop more scenarios. Now let’s explore and use TTS technology to facilitate our learning!