How to Choose the Right Budget Smartphone in Pakistan 
Are you Looking for the perfect budget smartphone in Pakistan in 2023? Continue reading to learn how to choose the right one using our detailed guide.
If you are searching for a budget smartphone in Pakistan, then there is no doubt that finding a budget smartphone in Pakistan can feel like finding a needle in a haystack. But don’t worry! We are here to guide you through every step of the process.
First things first, let’s talk about what a budget smartphone is. As smartphone prices in Pakistan are skyrocketing, a budget smartphone typically falls within the price range of PKR 35,000 to PKR 50,000. These phones offer a balance between cost and functionality, providing essential features without breaking the bank.
Now, let’s get into the nitty-gritty of how to choose the right budget smartphone in Pakistan in 2023.
5 Keys Factors to Consider Before Buying a Budget Smartphone in Pakistan
Before we dive into the specific models, let’s first discuss what are the main factors that you should consider when buying a budget smartphone. These are:
To choose the right performance phone, it’s crucial to understand your intended use for the device. To find it, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you a student who needs a phone for online classes and research?
- Or you’re a small business owner who needs a reliable device for communication and managing your business on the go.
Identifying your needs will help you focus on the features that matter most to you.
The performance of a smartphone depends on its processor, RAM, storage, and version of the operating system. You should look for a smartphone with a fast and reliable processor, enough RAM to run multiple apps smoothly, and enough storage to store your photos, videos, files, and the latest operating system.
In regards to performance, the following are some of the key features of a good budget smartphone that you should consider:
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G series or the Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 series.
- RAM: 4 GB or more.
- Storage: 64 GB or more.
- Operating System: Android 11 or above.
This refers to the size, resolution, and quality of your phone’s screen. The quality of your device’s screen significantly influences your user experience, especially when watching videos, playing games, or browsing the web.
Generally speaking, you want a phone with a large display (at least 6 inches), high resolution (at least HD+ or 720p), and good brightness and contrast.
Therefore, look for phones that have features like a high refresh rate (90Hz or above). A good display type for budget smartphones is IPS LCD or AMOLED technology (for deeper blacks and vibrant colors) or a notch-less design (for a more screen-to-body ratio).
A decent camera on a budget device can enable you to take impressive pictures; and record high-quality videos without spending a fortune on a flagship device. However, not all budget cameras are created equal; and there are two most important specs that you don’t want to overlook, which are:
There is a misconception about camera resolution that a higher resolution means better quality. However, it’s not all true because it depends on other factors like sensor size, lens quality, and software processing.
A decent budget smartphone camera should have at least 13MP for the rear camera and 8MP for the front camera; but you can also find some models with higher resolutions, like 48MP or even 64MP.
The lens is the component of your camera that is responsible for the quality and type of images you take; as they determine the angle of view, zoom range, aperture, and distortion of your photographs.
In general, wider lenses capture more of the scene, while telephoto lenses allow you to zoom in on distant subjects. You should make sure your smartphone camera has, at minimum, a wide-angle lens (around 25mm equivalent); and aperture (f/2.0 or lower) if you are looking for an affordable but decent smartphone camera.
The battery serves as the lifeblood of your mobile device. If you’re someone who uses your phone heavily throughout the day, for tasks like online classes; business communication, gaming, or streaming videos, a strong battery is essential.
For a budget smartphone, a battery capacity of 3000mAh is desirable; although up to 5000mAh or 6000mAh, will provide a much longer battery life. Also, you can not ignore the charging speed, which should be a minimum of 10W fast charging; and for some phones, you get even up to 80W.
#5: Miscellaneous Features
Depending on your individual needs and preferences, you should consider buying a phone that has also some of the following features:
- Network Compatibility: Ensure your smartphone supports your service provider’s network bands, such as 4G LTE or 5G, and offers dual SIM support for flexibility.
- FM Radio: An FM radio feature lets you tune into your favorite radio stations without an internet connection.
- NFC: Near-Field Communication (NFC) enables quick data transfer and contactless payments, making your smartphone experience more convenient.
- Sound Quality: Look for a smartphone with a high-quality speaker and microphone, ideally with noise cancellation. Support for a headphone jack or wireless headphones is a plus.
- Design: A sleek, sturdy design with good build quality enhances both comfort and style. Preferably, a budget smartphone should have a durable plastic body, thin bezels, and a notch or punch-hole display.
List of 5 Best Budget Smartphones in Pakistan 
Based on the factors mentioned above, the following are some of the best budget smartphones you can buy in Pakistan in 2023.
- Infinix Note 10 Pro: Its large 6.95-inch display and powerful MediaTek Helio G95 processor make it an excellent choice for multimedia consumption and smooth performance.
- Realme 8: Known for its powerful MediaTek Helio G95 processor and a 5000mAh battery, Realme 8 offers smooth performance for gaming and multitasking.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 10: This device stands out with its AMOLED display and Qualcomm Snapdragon 678 processor, ensuring a vibrant display and reliable performance.
- OPPO A74: With a focus on camera quality, the OPPO A74 offers a 48MP main camera and a large 5000mAh battery for extended use.
- Vivo Y51: Vivo Y51 shines with its 5000mAh battery and 18W fast charging, ensuring your phone stays powered throughout the day.
Choosing the right budget smartphone in Pakistan can be challenging because there are many options available in the market. However, by considering the factors we have discussed in the article; and checking out our recommendations on some of the best models; you can narrow down your choices and find the best mobile under Rs. 50,000 in Pakistan.
Also, you can check out Savyour to find the best deal for your favorite smartphone; and get fantastic cashback on your purchase. Lastly, If you still have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments section below; we’ll be happy to help. Have fun hunting!