How cable protectors can improve safety
Why is installing cable protectors important? How do I know which type of cable protector is right for me? What are the different types?
In this day and age, cables are a necessity and they are required in virtually all business types. From electric wiring to server equipment and data usage, wires are everywhere. Keep reading our handy guide to find out how installing floor cable protectors can improve safety in your workspace.
Why is installing cable protectors important?
Having cables and wires running all across the floor creates an extremely risky workspace. This is because it becomes very easy for anyone to trip and fall over them, which can lead to serious injuries or fractures. By installing floor cable protectors, you can be sure that you are decreasing the likelihood of finding yourself in the middle of a complicated compensation claim.
Also, the last thing you need after spending a small fortune to get your cables; and electric wiring just how you want them is for someone to step on or run heavy items over them and damage them. Installing cable protectors can increase the safety and durability of your valuable equipment by protecting them from heavy footfall and the hefty wheels of sack trucks and forklifts.
Furthermore, by organizing your business space with floor cable protectors; you can rest assured that you are also increasing staff productivity and improving the overall efficiency of your company. This is because people work better in a neat, tidy, and professional-looking environment.
What are the different types of cable protectors?
- Rubber cable protectors: This floor cable protector is incredibly versatile and can be used for any type of cable or wire, indoors or outdoors.
- Yellow hazard cable protector: This cable protector can be used inside or outside; and has a bright yellow stripe on each side for extra visibility.
- Data cable protector: This cable protector features two channels so you can keep different cable types separate, making it the ideal choice for server rooms and offices.
- Rubber cable mats: Also ideal for use in server rooms; these provide a thinner and much less intrusive way to manage loose cables and wires on the floor.
- Heavy duty cable protectors: This type is extra durable; designed to prevent damage to your cables from heavy wheeled traffic, including forklift trucks. It is ideal for use in warehouses.
- Cable ramps: Ideal for construction sites and events, these are super-strong.
How do I know which type of cable protector is right for me?
There are three main things to consider when choosing a cable protector: how many cables you want to protect; how big the cables are, and the décor of your space.
Taking all these factors into consideration can ensure that you find the correct channel size; and that all your wires and cables fit into the protectors.
Last word about cable protectors:
The décor of your space is important as you will need to choose something; that is similar to the colors of your walls or floors. This means your cables are tidy and hidden in a modern and unobtrusive way; adding a touch of professionalism to your workplace.
Author Bio: First Mats started life as a safety matting specialist; but has since expanded to become a complete industrial and commercial supplies company. The focus of First Mats is to provide safety-focused products that improve the wellbeing of staff through quality-approved products; backed up by extensive knowledge.