Capabilities Of Mobile Educational Applications
The use of mobile phones is increasing daily with the Internet and the number of mobile device users. Such changes are pretty conditioned; everyone strives for convenience and mobility in all spheres of life. With the advent of communicators and tablets, taking laptops and other devices with you on the road, on business trips, meetings, and for other purposes is no longer necessary.
However, mobile devices would not bring so much benefit without special programs – mobile applications. Education software development opens up new opportunities for universities, schools, private teachers, and training centers. The significance of mobile applications in education is growing. The main reason for this is the opportunities they provide: joint work of students on tasks during the lesson and in extracurricular activities, file sharing, organization of distance learning, and interaction with parents.
Benefits of mobile education:
An essential aspect of mobile education is the ability to study independently from place and time; ensuring continuity and maximum flexibility in the educational process. Gadgets are gradually becoming an integral part of the so-called mobile learning tool. In the countries of the EU and the USA; the use of mobile devices has become a widespread part of education; students can work on tasks both independently and collectively.
Learning with apps by Geniusee can take different forms: with the help of mobile devices, students can access educational resources, connect with other users, and create content in the classroom and beyond. Mobile learning includes activities necessary to achieve learning goals, such as effective management of school systems and improvement of interaction between educational institutions and students’ families.
However, Mobile devices are usually understood as pocket computers, smartphones, tablets; and mobile phones, but this list can be expanded; meaning a mobile device is any autonomous compact device that accompanies people in their everyday life. Mobile learning often considered “light content”. It often allows students to access video content; share text messages, participate in surveys and text chats, and take and review notes.
The major Advantages of Mobile learning are:
Among the major advantages are the following:
- The ability to move freely (regardless of where the student is or the student will be located, he will always be in touch).
- Students can communicate with each other and the teacher and ask questions to which they do not know the correct answer.
- The opportunity to study for people with disabilities who cannot attend classes due to their health.
- Pocket or tablet PCs and e-books are more accessible and take up less space than files, paper, textbooks, and even laptops.
- Recognition with a stylus or touch screen becomes more visual than when using a keyboard and mouse.
- Thanks to modern wireless technologies, learning materials are easily shared between users (WAP, GPRS, EDGE, 3G, 4G, LTE, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi).
Mobile educational programs must meet the following requirements, namely:
- Compactness – mobile learning components should be short-duration, given that they are available in the environment in which they are likely potential interruptions in communication.
- A high level of macro ergonomics – high image/sound quality at low cost, screen size. Small output file size (download speed).
- Ubiquity and accessibility – the mobile learning application can be accessed anywhere, regardless of location. The increasing range of mobile network providers and the availability of mobile devices ensure the ubiquitous presence of mobile learning services at any time convenient for the student.
Students and teachers from different countries receive, with the help of mobile devices; access to excellent educational resources, can discuss information and share it with other students; receive support from colleagues and teachers, and carry out effective communications.
Of course, mobile technologies are not and will never be a panacea for education; but this powerful tool can bring education to a new level.
modern educational materials via Mobile Education:
Currently, in various countries, there are many projects based on the use of mobile technologies; which provide modern educational materials with the help of mobile communication for all interested parties:
- Personalization of learning. Mobile devices are usually theirs to the respective owners, are at their disposal throughout the day, and have many features to customize. That is why mobile technologies provide wider opportunities for personalization compared to stationary technologies.
- Instant feedback and assessment of learning outcomes. Mobile technologies speed up the process of evaluating learning outcomes and give students and teachers the ability to track the progress achieved more quickly.
- Learning anytime and anywhere. Since most of the time, the mobile device is with its owner, training can be conducted at any time and place. Mobile learning applications allow the user to complete an exercise that takes a few minutes or fully concentrates on a task for several hours. With this flexibility, you can use a long break between classes or a walk to study.
- Support for situational learning. Compared to the traditional learning process in classrooms, mobile devices allow you to move the child to the environment, making it as easy as possible to understand the subject with the help of various subject mobile applications. For example, mobile applications are city guides that tell about the most critical architectural objects, their composition, construction, and meaning; mobile applications provide information about plants as you get to know them in their natural habitat, etc.
The possibilities of mobile technologies in education are significant and, in many cases, well-founded. At the same time, mobile technologies will not be a panacea but will help solve some education problems by using a new and practical approach. Mobile systems equipped with a special application capable of transmitting questions and receiving a short; unambiguous answer in real-time will allow strengthened feedback in the educational process. As the power and capabilities of mobile devices continue to grow, they can be used more widely as educational tools; and take center stage in both formal and informal education.